Thursday, August 31, 2017

Incredible! - wonderful work and we met Elder Nielson

Hi!!

This week has been INCREDIBLE!!

The week started by having exchanges with the Ithaca sisters which was a lot of fun! They are the best. :)) 
Thursday we helped a less active clean his chicken coop! Oh the things you do on a mission haha that was definitely a first, other than the smell it was a lot of fun! haha
And that night we met two people who talked to us for a pretty long time who love Jesus so much! It was so fun to talk with people who love Jesus just as much as we do! One was even wearing a shirt about Jesus he made, a hat that talked about Jesus and showed us the tattoos on his arm that were all about Jesus. It was pretty awesome haha

So Saturday was the best day ever.
You know those days where you feel the Spirit and know you're being guided by Him in small daily decisions and then there's those times where you feel the Spirit so strong that it just consumes you and you feel like you just want to stop time because its the best feeling ever? Yeah that happened this week for a WHOLE DAY!! 

In the morning we helped a member move then we drove two hours to Liverpool (where I started my mission!) to see a member of the Seventy who was just called to be over the North America Northeast area and wanted to meet the missionaries. It was so good!! President and Sister Rogers spoke, along with Elder Clay and the new Seventy, Elder Nielson!! The Spirit was so so strong the whole time. 2/3 of the mission were able to go which is more missionaries then have been gathered together before. I saw three of my past companions!! (four if you include Sister DuBose who I was companions with for three days) and some of my mission friends who I haven't seen in months that are going home in a few weeks!! It was like a mission reunion!! I loved it so much! 
I was asked to give the closing prayer and after the prayer when I was about to walk back to my seat Elder Nielson said "Sister!" and I looked over and he had his hand out and gave me a handshake and smiled at me and said thank you! I got to shake a Seventy's hand twice!! (everyone shook hands with him in the beginning)
And to make the day even better Sister DuBose, who I was with in Auburn for a few days when Sister Graver left, told me that the lady we met and picked up as an investigator has gone to church THREE TIMES since I was there and tells everyone that Jesus sent the missionaries to her!! How cool is that?!? That made me so happy to hear! 

After the amazing meeting with Elder Nielson we went to Corning to see the sisters baptism! A whole family was baptized (parents and four kids) and it was so amazing!! The Spirit was definitely felt by everyone! 
Man I just love being a missionary!! I don't think I can say that enough. I don't want this adventure to end!

Love you all!!

Sister Horne
8.28.17 
Exchanges with the Ithaca sisters!
Watching the solar eclipse at a members house!
 
Our investigator gave me this belt!! It was the sweetest thing ever!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment