Monday, August 7, 2017

I Know..

This week was crazy/fun/busy/sad/amazing all of the above!
And this upcoming week is going to be even crazier with a lot of traveling.

Tuesday we had a really powerful lesson with one of our investigators, something I love is when investigators ask us as missionaries questions about our personal conversion and beliefs. Not just what the church thinks but what truly deep inside I believe. I love it because whenever I answer those types of questions I am able to have the Spirit witness to me that what I am saying is more than just words, I really do believe it and know it to be true. 

Wednesday we had a great lesson with another investigator and he bore testimony to us that he really believes that this is the change he has been praying for and needing in his life. He is just the coolest and I really believe he could be baptized soon!
That night we had our weekly missionary meeting and we usually have a spiritual thought in the beginning but this time instead of assigning someone our ward mission leader had us all (6 missionaries and two ward missionaries, which included a recent convert) bear testimony of what we know to be true. It was SO incredible! In that room was an RM of a few years, a previous bishopric member, a recent convert who was endowed last month, one new missionary, and two missionaries going home tomorrow. TALK ABOUT POWERFUL. The Spirit was so strong. I am so grateful for the things I KNOW. I don't know where I would be without this gospel in my life and in my family's life. 

Friday we went to the fair on our dinner break and we were walking through it on the way out to get to our appointment and a girl said "Hey, are you Mormons? Wait sisters come back!" so we looked around and there was a girl about our age who worked at the carnival and she was Mormon! She has been inactive for a long time but she said she would come to church! So cool! God works in mysterious ways! 

Saturday we had an appointment with someone who was pretty recently baptized and we brought a member with us so we could go inside but he ended up not being home so we tried a few other people then felt like we should stop by our investigators house to see if he would be available for a lesson. He was and we had such a good lesson with him! The member we took was perfect in every way!! She struggles with some of the exact same things that he did. It was so amazing to be there in that lesson. What a tender mercy.

Church was super good on Sunday!! Especially because we had two investigators come! What a perfect way to end this transfer.

Sister Graver is headed home and I will miss her A TON but I'll be getting a new companion this Wednesday which will be fun! 

Love,
Sister Horne

 The corning sisters in our district! love them so much! 
 We went to Poppleton again in Corning! It seems to be becoming a tradition haha
  I love fun walls!


  We had a lesson at the park with an investigator right before our missionary 
correlation meeting and it started pouring rain but we walked that day so we walked/ran 
to the house we had our meeting at and when we got there we were both DRENCHED haha 
The look on the elders faces were priceless, they thought we were crazy lol
 On our dinner break we went to the fair right next to our apartment!! 


 our awesome investigator

my cute companion for 3 days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment