Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 5

This week was so great! I'm just going to share some highlights from this week. 

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference! It was awesome. We had training with President Rogers and his wife and the APs. The main focus was understanding the Atonement and how the more we understand it the more we will want to share it. We learned a lot and my companion and I have been applying some of the things we learned to our lessons and door approaches. The sisters in my zone are great. They are all super nice and friendly. I will get to see the sisters who were in my MTC district at a meeting we have in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to that. 

Super exciting news! Our investigator who I talked about last week is super prepared and read everything (Book of Mormon, D & C, etc.) is on date for baptism!! I am so excited for her! She is getting baptized on July 16th. I CAN'T WAIT! I love her so much. She is so sweet and is a great example to me. We are teaching her a lot to get her ready for that day, the lessons with her are always so great. 

Oh and we are allowed to do 10 hours of service each week and there aren't very many service opportunities that we can do in this area-we've tried- but one just came up. We are teaching English to a refugee family that is from Africa and they speak Swahili! Kinda crazy! We teach them this week so I'll let you know how it goes! 

Sundays are my favorite. I love being with members and learning from them. I always feel the Spirit so strongly at church. I really hope more of our investigators can come to church and feel of that same Spirit.

Missionary work is the best. I love talking about this gospel and bringing happiness into people's lives. Its been a really good week. One thing I've noticed on my mission is how important member missionary work is. So PLEASE tell your friends/family/coworkers about this gospel! Your local missionaries always need people to teach! There are so many people out there who God is preparing to hear this happy message, just invite them! That's all you need to do :)

LOVE YOU ALL!! Don't forget God loves you!

Sister Horne

We visit a lot of elderly people and its so fun - they are all so sweet.

I love seeing all the flowers!

Hello! Have a great week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment