Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week 2 - MTC

HELLO!! 

Thank you so much for the emails! I love getting them! Getting letters is super fun if you wanted to send me one of those ;) 

Last Tuesday Brother Bennett spoke in our Tuesday devotional and he talked about repentance it was super good. The choir performed and it was an amazing experience. Angels really are singing with us. 

On Wednesday the new missionaries came! It was so fun to say "Welcome to the MTC!!" to all of them. They probably thought we were crazy. We taught A again and he really opened up and told us about his life and promised that he would read the Restoration pamphlet we gave him. I played spike ball today and it was super fun and pretty hard. Brother Wright's lesson was good but a little confusing. He had us draw the Plan of Salvation on the board and of course we all drew the little diagram and then he said they were all wrong. It made me a little sad haha He talked about how the main focus is Jesus Christ and his Atonement which I get but he didn't really make it clear about how to teach it. For part of our class time we taught R. He is a rock star. His faith is so strong and he is willing to read  the Book of Mormon and we committed him to baptism. It was awesome. He said the closing prayer too and that was great. I love hearing investigators pray. We met with K today too and it was great. We talked to her more about the relationship between the Bible and the Book of Mormon . 
Funny story...so in our lesson with R I said the opening prayer and I forgot his name! I covered by saying investigator. It is the second time I have done that. Oops.

Thursday was service! We cleaned bathrooms but it was still great. Service is the best. I had a great spiritual experience when we were teaching K. I felt the impression to read the end of verse 25 in Joseph Smith History and the Spirit was so strong. It was a huge testimony to me that Joseph Smith really is a prophet and what he experienced isn't just some cool story. It really happened. Sister Thomson was our sub for Brother Wright because his wife was sick and she really cleared up how to teach the Plan of Salvation simply. Sister Schlueter and I became Sister Training Leaders today. I am excited to serve and get to know the new sisters coming in tomorrow. 

Friday we taught J which is Sister Olson's investigator. It went well. She didn't seem to really show any emotion though. We were all super tired today and so Sister Olson prayed that we would be alert and awake and be able to learn what He wanted us to learn. It really helped. The power of prayer is real. Dinner today was super good. We had pizza and mud cups which brought me back to my childhood. :) We had a lot of study time and so we were able to get a lot of stuff done. 

Saturday was pretty good. We had another visit with A, which was our last lesson with him. We talked about prayer and keeping the commandments. We taught J and that went alright. Our teaching was a little off today. Brother Wright's lesson was super good. I love the stories he shares about his mission. He taught us how to begin teaching and how important that is. In our class time we do a lot of role plays which is fun. It is good practice. 

Sunday was so great! Sister Schlueter and I had meetings in the morning because of our new assignment. Then we had Mission Conference since it was Fast Sunday. I fasted for 24 hours for the first time. It wasn't that bad though. Dinner that night tasted so good. President Burgess and his wife spoke at the conference and it was really good. We had Sacrament Meeting after that which was the best. I love bearing my testimony. The Spirit always helps me to know what to say. Sister Schlueter and I taught the Relief Society lesson. It was about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. It went well I think. I loved hearing everyone's experiences and insights. Our temple walk was good--it was super hot though. I think it was in the mid 90s. We had a devotional that night by Sister Sheri Dew. It was so good. She is super funny. She talked about seeking for answers and knowing for ourselves the doctrine. We watched an old MTC devotional by Elder Holland and it was amazing. I love the apostles so much. Elder Holland talked about being perfectly obedient and how Preach My Gospel came about. 

Monday was good. We taught E. She loves to talk so we couldn't really get in a lesson but it was good to get to know her and see what her experiences were with Mormons. We taught R again and it was the best. He read so much of the Book of Mormon and prayed. He exceeded our expectations. We taught about repentance and the blessings we receive from it. 

I can't believe I only have a week left here! It has gone by so fast! Next week at this time I will be on a plane to New York!! We leave early in the morning and will get to NY around 5pm. 

I LOVE YOU!!

The church is true!!

Sister Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment