Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week 3 - MTC

Today is my last day at the MTC! It's very bittersweet. I'm just going to share some highlights from this week since I don't have a lot of time. 

Last Tuesday was by far my favorite day at the MTC. Elder Bednar came!! We got to go to the temple that afternoon since it was our Pday and that was so great. I would spend the whole day at the temple if I could. Choir practice that night was really good and the Spirit was super strong. Then the devotional. SO GOOD. Oh my goodness I love the apostles so much. They have so much power when they speak. His whole message was "One by One." I loved how he said we preach the gospel two by two to the one. I'm excited to find that one. He talked a lot about Luke 15 and how that whole chapter is talking about the One. It was really powerful when he said the first word spoken by God in this dispensation was "Joseph." Isn't that amazing? I never thought about that. Joseph Smith was a one. At the end of his talk we sang his song that he wrote about the one. Next month the song will be published in the New Era so look out for that. It is beautiful. Singing "One by One" in front of Elder Bednar himself and some of his family was the most amazing experience I think I have ever had. Words can't describe that moment singing the words from an apostle as missionaries. Angels were definitely singing with us. I was so close to crying multiple times throughout the song. After the devotional we go back to our classrooms and we talk about the devotional with a member of the Branch Presidency. As we talked about it and as Brother Gallaucher and his wife talked--and were crying--tears were streaming down my face. The Spirit was SO strong. I would stop crying then Brother Gallaucher would say something then I would start crying again. All good tears though. Feeling the Spirit tears. It was the best day.

On Wednesday I was a host missionary for the new missionaries coming in, and we welcomed the new district into our zone. Sister Schlueter and I along with the zone leaders were in charge of the new missionary orientation that night. It was really fun to get to know them and help them have a great experience at the MTC. 

On Thursday during our class with Brother Wright he had us go outside and pray to Heavenly Father and ask Him what we could do to keep our covenants better. It was the longest and most heartfelt prayer I have ever given. My neck started to hurt haha It was really cool to ponder after my prayer and receive comfort and revelation. 

I love when I am teaching and the Spirit tells me exactly what to say. Sometimes I don't even remember what I taught because it was all the Spirit. 

Yesterday (Sunday) was so great. We had meetings in the morning then handed off our binders to the new Sister Training Leaders. The Sunday before departing districts leave we are asked to perform a song in Sacrament meeting. There are two districts leaving this week so we all sang together. We sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer to the tune of Come Thou Font. The Spirit was so strong as we sang. I love singing as a missionary. Brother Gallaucher spoke and it was the best. He always brings the Spirit into the room when he speaks. The Spirit was super strong during the whole meeting. Brother Lusvardi spoke for the Sunday devotional and it was amazing. Devotionals and singing are my two favorite things here.

I leave for the field tomorrow!! I can't believe it! The MTC has been so wonderful and the best growing experience. I am so excited to share this gospel. It really is true. 

MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL!!

Have a super great week!!

Sister Horne

Brother Wright (far left) and Sister Badham (stripes) are great teachers!

New York here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment