Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week 4. In New York - Liverpool

I made it to New York!! It is so beautiful here. Everything is bright and green. I thought the humidity would kill me but it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty hot yesterday but it wasn't too bad. 


Missionary work is the greatest. I love getting to talk about Jesus everyday. My trainer is super awesome. Her name is Sister Case, she's from Saint George, UT. She just finished training another sister so she's a pro now. She is super nice and a really good teacher. I have a lot to learn from her. Everyone loves her here. We get along really well.


I flew to New York on Tuesday and we met President Rogers and his wife (they are awesome) and they took us to a pizza place. It was so good. We stayed at the mission home that night and funny story. I fell out of my bed!! I was in the top bunk and my companion (Sister Schlueter) was on the bottom bunk and two other sisters were in the same room. It was the middle of the night and I don't really remember anything besides feeling a little dizzy from getting up too fast and then sitting on the ground for a second then going back in my bed. When the other sisters in my room woke up in the morning they busted up laughing telling the story hahaha apparently I fell out and hit the other bunk and they asked if i was okay and I said yes so they went back to bed. I don't remember any of that. It was so funny. Don't worry mom I didn't get hurt or anything. Life lesson learned: never sleep on the top bunk haha 

Wednesday we had some training and then I met my trainer!! I love her so much already. Our area is called Liverpool but the areas we are serving in is north Syracuse, Mattydale, and Cicero. Everyone is so nice here!! When we say hi to people they always are super friendly. I bet that won't last long but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. That night we went to a few people's houses and Sister Case mainly talked but I got to talk a little bit. We taught a couple lessons (well mainly Sister Case). It was a good day.

Thursday we taught a couple people and they are super awesome and accepting of the gospel. B said she really wanted to come to church. We had dinner at the Wesels and I was scared I wouldn't like it but it was super good! We had BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and jello salad. Then for dessert she made homemade banana cream pie. SO good. 

Sister Case likes running so every morning we go to the track right next to our apartment and run for 30 minutes. I'm super out of shape but its good to start the day with exercise. The weather is super nice that early. We tracted for a few hours today and it was the best. We found some really cool people who wanted to hear our message. A few miracles happened about being in the right place at the right time. There really are no coincidences when we are on the Lord's errand. I love being a missionary. I am learning a lot and I feel like I'm getting used to missionary life. We have a car but we still walk a lot since we have limited miles each month. 

On Friday we had dinner at the Jessies and it was really good. She made us breakfast for dinner. We had german pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, and fruit. Even though we run everyday I feel like I'll still gain weight haha they feed us so well. After dinner we talked to Rick and Mickey who aren't members and they had some friends over so we taught all of them the Restoration and I asked for a referral and they told us someone who we could talk to. We went to their house and they said we could come back! It was great. We are meeting with them tonight. We were super pumped about missionary work after that. It was a really good day.

Saturday was awesome because when we went to visit people everyone was home! We taught a few lessons and visited some less actives. It was great. We visited this cute little Filipino lady and we talked with her for awhile then she started making homemade egg rolls and we offered to help. We did that, but then she kept getting more food out and she said we needed to stay and eat. So that's what happened haha we weren't expecting to be there that long but its okay. She liked the company. 

Sunday was the best. We had a few investigators who said they would be at church and we were pretty sad that none of them came, but then after Sacrament we saw A! She is the sweetest. She has already read the whole Book of Mormon, she ordered the Hymn book and has been going through that, she is already in 100 something section of the Doctrine and Covenants. Her faith is incredible. I think she has read more Mormon books than I have. haha Sister Case and her last companion met A at Rite Aid (she works there) a few weeks ago and they haven't seen her since. The first day I got here we went and she was working and she said she tried to go to church last week but she couldn't find the building- but this week she came!! She said she liked it and she is leaning towards getting baptized!! Isn't she the best?? I love her so much.

We taught a lot of lessons this week and got a lot of new investigators. It was awesome. I love missionary work. I'm doing well. New York is the best. 

 I LOVE YOU ALL! 
Have a great week! Talk to you next Monday!

Sister Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment