Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 19

HI!! 

It’s been a great week! We did some service, some finding, taught people about the gospel, had dinner at Panera with members, you know the usual.

We had a lesson with one of our investigators who I love so much. She is the cutest. We taught about faith and charity (Ether 12) and how through Christ we can overcome our weaknesses. The lesson went really well and the Spirit was definitely there. It is so cool to see people's perspectives change and see how our investigator used to fear God and now because we have been teaching her she knows that God loves her and wants the best for her. Mission life is so rewarding :) 

We had a luncheon at Meals on Wheels to thank all the kitchen volunteers for their service and it was really good! One of the head guys owns a catering business and he and the other staff made lunch for all of the volunteers and it was so good!! It was so fancy too, I didn't know what half the things I ate were, but they were really good! 

This week we had dinner at a members house and she just got her shipment of LuLaRoe clothes and she gave each of us one thing (whatever we wanted--a maxi skirt, dress, shirt, tunic) and I got a dress! It was SO nice!! I love LuLaRoe! 

We are teaching a couple people who their first language is Spanish and Sister Priest knows Spanish so in a couple lessons I have just been sitting there trying to pick out the few words I know in Spanish while Sister Priest talks to them in Spanish. It’s kinda weird to not know what they are talking about, but the coolest thing is that I can always feel the Spirit even though I don't understand what they are saying. It doesn't matter what language the gospel is being taught in, it’s all true!! :)

I love New York and missionary work! I'm so grateful to be able to do this every day and spread the joy that the gospel brings! I hope you all had the opportunity to watch General Conference last weekend. If not, GO WATCH IT!! It is so so so good. You will love it. I know I did. 

Thank you for the prayers, thoughts and letters! 
LOVE,
 Sister Horne





No comments:

Post a Comment