Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 16 (9.19.16)

HEY!!

This week has been good!!

Service at Meals on Wheels is so fun! The people who volunteer there are hilarious and so so nice. 
I love doing service! We are hoping to find more service opportunities this week. 

We taught a lesson about baptism to one of our investigators that we have been teaching for awhile and it was so cool to see him change. At the beginning of the lesson he didn't really understand why baptism was important but by the end of the lesson we committed him to be baptized and he said yes!! We are so excited for him! 

We had Zone Conference this past week! It was so great! We talked about the Doctrine of Christ and repentance and goal setting. I love when President teaches us because I always learn something new or a different way of thinking about something. 

We went to a Luau that the Stake was having on Saturday night! It was super fun! Really windy but still fun! We danced and I got taught how to hula hoop by a pro and we had roasted pig!

Yesterday the ward had a service project making tie blankets for the refugees and we teamed up with the Lutheran Church to do it. It was really fun and I got to know some of the ward members a little more and meet some of the people who go to the Lutheran Church. Oh and me and Sister Kjar were matching all day! She really liked my yellow skirt so I told her where to get it (amazon) and she bought one so we matched at church and at the service project! It was fun :) She is the cutest.

I love this area and this ward and being a missionary!! Life is good!
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts!
Love you all!!!

Sister Horne


 ALOHA!



I Love Service! We're making blankets for refugees in the area. 


We stopped at a former investigators home and his door was a mirror so we took a picture haha
(Don't worry - he wasn't home)


We were tracting and met SANTA!

People here really love their sports - Go Syracuse!




No comments:

Post a Comment