Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It's been AMAZING!

Hi everyone!!

This week did not feel normal haha but when is a week in the mission normal? Probably never.

Last Sunday we both woke up not feeling good, we took a nap in the afternoon and then everyday after that we felt worse haha Tuesday morning we called Sister Rogers and then she had the mission doctor call us and tell us what to do to get better. Luckily neither of us had bronchitis or strep throat or anything like that, we just had bad colds. We weren't supposed to tract in the cold for a couple days or street contact so we could get better. We are still both sick but definitely not as bad as last week. 

Wednesday we had another fun District Meeting and then after that we had exchanges with the Rome sisters! Don't worry we weren't contagious and didn't get them sick too. The Rome sisters are so sweet, it was fun working with them. They are both really new in the mission and me and Shulz are both old so it was cool to help them and give them advice. Hard times on the mission definitely help in giving good advice because I can tell them what I did to get through it. 
We had a cool experience tracting that night. We knocked on one of the doors and a man answered who was around our age and he said he would listen to a message about Christ, he invited us in but there wasn't another girl home so we taught him the restoration on his porch. It was really cool! He's going to nursing school and is really busy but hopefully this week we will be able to teach him more. 

Thursday morning I had one of the most interesting lessons of my life hahaha if you want more details on that you can ask me about it later lol

That night we had dinner at one of the members of the Bishopric's house and it finally got out that I'm leaving soon. (I kept telling everyone me and Shulz both go home in a couple months-which used to be true) and so now I am speaking next week in sacrament meeting haha  its okay though because he said I can talk for as long or as short as I want since there are already assigned speakers.

Friday was my last MLC! MLC is so fun because my closest friends in the mission are all STL's. I was so happy to see them all again. The meeting was super fun too, definitely the most we have all laughed at MLC. President was cracking jokes it was just awesome. 

That night we went to President's house and a member of our ward is a professional harpist and she played Christmas songs! It was SO beautiful! I loved it so much. And a recent convert of ours brought her non-member mom and she said she almost cried. :')  There is an amazing Spirit that comes from music about Christ.

Last night we went to a recent converts house and watched the Christmas Devotional and it was so good!! Last year I fell asleep haha but this time I was loving it all! 

I still can't believe that this is my last week emailing...I have learned so much these past 18 months it would take forever to write them all out. I have met some of the most incredible people in the world and have had companions that I can't imagine my life without. Upstate New York will always always have a very special place in my heart. The best decision I have ever made in my life was to serve a mission. The people, the places, the experiences I've had will be something I will treasure forever. President always says that the mission is the MTC for life and he is definitely right. I love serving the Lord and I know that member missionary work is a lifetime calling which I am so grateful that it is. I have never been happier or had more fun than I have these last 18 months. Even though I am really sad that my time as a full-time missionary is coming to a close I know that greater things are ahead. 

I love you all and am so incredibly grateful for all the letters, packages, prayers and thoughts. I have felt your prayers and your love as I have been on the other side of the country. Thank you!!!

Love,
Sister Horne
12.4.17

MLC
The Sisters at MLC
 Chessy!
 My Cute Trainee
 Sister Jenkins
 In the mission office, Sister Haderlie made ornaments for all of us and 
hung them on the tree. It was so cute!
 Zim Zim, Sister Haderlie and I were matching with our maroon sweaters :)
 This super good chicken riggies place! 
 Downtown Utica

 Famous pizza place. It's the second oldest pizza place in the US!

 The FAMOUS Utica Wall!






 We went to the Utica Zoo. It was so fun! and the lady let us in for free so it was a bonus!









 All the goods for being sick and trying to get better. 
The doctor told us to buy popsicles to help our throats feel better 
and I was so happy about that. I haven't had a popsicle in forever.
 Exchanges with the Rome Sisters
 We were tracting when I saw this on someone's front yard - and loved it!
 Aida gave us Christmas presents because she knew Shulz and I 
wouldn't be together for Christmas. Early Christmas! :) I love her so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment