Monday, December 4, 2017

Cider, Snow, and Cronuts

Hello!

This week has been crazy!!

Last p-day we had a lot of fun going to the Clinton Cider Mill and going shopping. Tuesday we raked leaves for a long time and served at the Presbyterian Home, saw the sweetest recent convert, and for the first time on my mission taught a lesson to an investigator during our dinner break haha we felt pretty hardcore haha 

Thursday morning we went with the mission office couple, and 8 elders to Liverpool (my first area!) for a half mission conference because Elder Kim B. Clark was visiting!! It was so fun to be back in that building!! I loved being able to see sisters I haven't seen in awhile and the conference was incredible!! I learned so much! At the end we sang Army of Helaman and changed the words to fit the NYUM and I was soo close to crying! I am so sad to have to end my mission soon! I don't want to go home!! I still feel like I have a few more months left! 

Friday we did service and taught a less active then went to the mission office because we were going on another road trip (2 hours) to Glenville!! (my second area!) This time we were with a lot of elders but the Syracuse sisters came too which made me happy! It was a party. We played mafia and other games that could be played in the car. Our meeting in Glenville was a special MLC with Elder Clark. He asked for comments and insights we had about the conference then he opened it up for questions. It was a really powerful experience. I felt so blessed to be able to learn from him and President. 

Sunday we taught Relief Society about the Latter-Day Miracle of Missionary Work and it went really well! I love missionary work so much!! Last night we put one of our investigators on date! We are excited to help her work towards it. 

Life has been so great! So many fun things happening! And today we had the first snowfall of the season!

Love you all!
Sister Horne
11.13.17





Best donuts and apple cider ever!
 


The cute town of Clinton






The biggest pumpkin I've ever seen!

We raked leaves for two hours, and this is the result. 
We were pretty proud of ourselves :)

Sister Shulz tried Bryne Dairy chocolate milk for the first time. 

Sister Rawlinson and Sister Keller

Sister Shulz and I both served in Liverpool - and we got to go back for a mission conference!
It was so fun to be back where I started. 





Cronuts. They are soo good!
Deep-fried croissants
 






First snow 




No comments:

Post a Comment