Monday, December 4, 2017

Goodbye...

HI!! What a week! I feel like so much has happened in only 7 days!

Last Monday we taught one of the cutest recent converts and we saw our investigator who is getting baptized soon.

Tuesday was such a party!! After studies we went to see a member and say goodbye, we said goodbye to the wife of our ward mission leader, saw a recent convert, taught our cutest Chinese investigator who always gives us presents, went to Elcor (a nursing home) and helped out with their Halloween party! Then we saw 3 recent converts, then had the most fun Halloween dinner ever at the Capeners! We went trick or treating with them for a little bit, then went and saw a member, then taught our awesome investigator, then saw two more recent converts. It was the most fun, craziest, bittersweet day ever. I felt so so loved. Everyone was saying the sweetest things and I would tell them I could facetime them soon and that made saying goodbye easier. I'm going to miss them all so much!!

Wednesday was transfers! We got up early and drove with the Corning sisters to Utica! I was able to see a couple previous companions and some good friends. Then I left with my new companion and started to work! Sister Shulz is the best. I love her so much! We have a lot of fun together.

We saw Prince who's a recent convert and a cute lady who is less active. That night we started to teach a former investigator again. She had a lot of questions and concerns. It's nice that Sister Shulz and I have both been out for awhile so all her concerns are mostly things we have heard before. 

Thursday we had fun service at the library! We drew a Thanksgiving scene on the window with markers and it actually turned out really good! We were surprised haha

Friday we had MLC which was a lot of fun. I always learn a lot and have new things to do to be better. We picked up a new investigator that night which was awesome. He's super cool. 

Saturday we helped out at the library which a big activity they were having. We were in charge of the face painting table but no one came to us so we just practiced on our hands haha

That night we taught the coolest recent convert/part member family. The mom who was baptized first told me her conversion story and I felt the Spirit so strongly the whole time! She is seriously incredible. We are teaching her 14 year old daughter and we really think she can get baptized soon!

Sunday was church! It is always an adjustment going to a new ward but the longer I'm here the more at home it will feel. We saw a less active lady in the afternoon and she's so sweet. 

Life here has been great so far! We are super excited to work hard and see miracles this transfer!

Love you all!
Sister Horne
11.6.17

Our Whole Mission! 
MLC
I love the colors of the pretty leaves!

What a super fun wall we found in Horseheads! 

 Isabella and Sister Sabido!
 

It's tradition for everyone who's served there to write under the table. 

Pretty view outside our study room window. 

Carolyn

Sister Houghton

Miss Shyanne!

Nicole Fye

Stacy and Haley

Stacy

The Capener kids!


We had a super fun dinner at the Capener's on Halloween! I love them so much!

Blood bags doubling as juice pouches!

The Menu

Rachel

Alyce

Sister Reintjes bought me a belated birthday present

Elder and Sister Lee - going home, back to Arizona
 

We helped out at the library doing face painting. Since no one came to our table,
 we just practiced on our arms haha

Yummy treats at Slice

Slice! Super good pizza place. 

My cute companion 


No comments:

Post a Comment