Thursday, October 19, 2017

Adventure! God's Love!

This week has been quite the adventure!!

Tuesday we had zone conference which was super good. We talked about commitments and the Book of Mormon and it definitely helped me answer some questions I had. And I survived getting a flu shot! Hopefully that's the last time I'll have to get one of those for a while.

We had a lesson Tuesday night with a young girl and her mom that we met last week. The mom grew up in Rochester and had a lot of LDS friends and wanted her daughter to learn about different churches so had us come over and share with her about our beliefs. It was really cool. The daughter actually drew pictures of us while she was listening and they were super good!! Now it is hanging on my wall :)
Then we taught one of our investigators who is super awesome and her lessons are always so Spirit led I love it. 

Wednesday we had exchanges with the Corning sisters which was a blast! I learned so much from them. They are seriously both such incredible missionaries. We taught some good lessons and helped our investigators progress. 

Thursday morning we were tracting and we met this girl who was about our age and she let us in and we taught the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon! It was such a tender mercy! On that same street we met this lady who was 92!! She was the most active 92 year old I have ever seen. She lived in a cute little house by herself and didn't have a walker or anything. I need to learn what her secret is haha she was the sweetest lady ever and wanted us to come visit her everyday! haha 

Friday we helped the High Priests in serving at a food kitchen which was really fun. We also went to a members house that lives in Pennsylvania!! (Our ward boundaries go into PA which is still crazy to me) The members we went to for dinner have the nicest property in the world. They own a LAKE! It is absolutely gorgeous. And they lived in Federal Way which made me so happy that I could talk to them about how amazing Washington is! I seriously love WA so much. 
They also made the best food! They have a grape vineyard and they make grape juice which was soooo good. I seriously don't think I can go back to store bought grape juice after that. Even though it was a million miles to get there it was definitely worth it. 

Saturday our ward mission leader and his wife took us to a lesson with a recent convert we teach because he is her home teacher and after the lesson it was time for us to go home for dinner but instead they took us out to eat at Louise which is a super high class restaurant in town and it was delicious!! We are definitely spoiled haha

Last night we were tracting and everything was all fine and dandy but we did see dark clouds above us so we thought it might rain soon. But we kept going and then when we were about 4 or 5 houses away from our car and it started POURING!! It was really funny because Sister Moore said she felt a raindrop on her head and then a second later I felt one on my foot then in honestly 2 seconds we were drenched from head to toe! Not gonna lie I screamed a little bit as we were running to the car haha But the cool miracle that happened after we were soaking wet is that we tried a potentials house that we haven't been able to contact in forever. I prayed that they would let us in and we would be able to share a message. So it was a little before 8pm and pitch dark at this point. The door was open but they had one of those net things with magnets in the middle to keep bugs out. I wasn't sure where to knock and then I saw the young couple inside and they were just talking so I said "hello" and they freaked out!! I scared them so bad!!! They said they just finished watching a scary movie!! It was so funny!! I felt really bad but everyone was laughing so its all good. When they get baptized some day they will probably tell how the first missionaries they met scared them half to death hahah After that we got to share the gospel with them and give them a Book of Mormon! It was so great! 

Being a missionary is the greatest thing in the world! This week as I have been thinking and praying a lot about which college to go to I have learned a lot of things. I have been able to realize that personally for me the Book of Mormon can answer questions of the soul. That prayer really does do wonders. That sometimes our prayers are answered through others. That studying the scriptures really does give inspiration. That fasting is powerful and helps us to be more in tune with the Spirit. That my patriarchal blessing is really words that God meant just for me. How important knowing how to receive personal revelation is because it is something that will benefit me throughout my life as I have a lot of big life changing decisions ahead of me. 

I am so grateful for this gospel and for knowing that God loves me and knows what is best for me.
Hope you all feel God's love this week!

Sister Horne

 Birthday Pictures!




 Corning Exchanges
 
I got the Classic Pumpkin Spice Steamer -
It was just as good as I remember!
The night we got soaked! AHHH



No comments:

Post a Comment