Monday, May 22, 2017

"I Love Being a Missionary" Moments!


This week was full of those "I love being a missionary" moments!

1. Thursday we had dinner at an awesome members house and they gave us referrals and one of them we knocked on, we gave a Book of Mormon to and set a return appointment for a few days later!! He was so cool! I love love love when members get involved in missionary work. It just makes everything better. And the lesson we had with them went really well! They absorbed it all and are really searching for a church!

2. Had lunch with one of my favorite people ever, C! She's the funniest, cutest 15 year old ever!
We talked more about baptism and were able to learn about her true concerns which helps us a lot in knowing how to move forward.

3. We stopped by a headquarter referral's house and he was outside by his car and we taught him the restoration right there and he said now what we believe makes a lot more sense and committed to come to church! (He didn't end up being able to make it but he's super cool!)

4. We taught S and the member who usually translates for us wasn't feeling good so we just went anyway and it went really well!! We talked a little about baptism and she said shes at 70 or 80% in knowing the church is true! Which is so great since the language barrier makes it a slower process. She said one of the most amazing prayers I've heard on my mission, I was just smiling the whole time. She asked God to help her not have appointments on Sunday mornings (she owns a nail salon) so she can come to church and that God will bless her with more customers other times and that she would be able to know this church is true. I just love her so much!!

5. We taught A and it went well! He has a hard time with God answering prayers but he will get there!
6. I gave my first talk on my mission in sacrament meeting! It was all about fasting and it went pretty well! Public speaking is a lot easier for me than it used to be. God definitely helped me haha

7. We had 4 visitors come to church!!! Since I was up on the stand Sister Johnson sat by them and made sure they understood what was going on, answering questions, etc. She told me after, that she was a little overwhelmed at first but she did a great job. :) It also helped that C was sitting with the Brimhalls and A was sitting with his parents. 

God has been blessing us so much, I love it!! Being a missionary is the best thing ever!

Love you all!!
Sister Horne
4.24.17


We were tracting and found some ducks! 

Chinese snacks from Sofia! Super Good!

The sun and green grass are back!

We were tracting for awhile, so of course we have to take selfies!
 

Pretty Sunset


One of our Favs - SOFIA! 
Her husband took a million pictures - which made us laugh.
We had so much fun! 







No comments:

Post a Comment