Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 8 - a Baptism

Hello!! It has been a great week with lots of meetings and a BAPTISM!! 

Aletha was baptized on Saturday and it was so great! We went to the church early to fill the font and Aletha was so anxious and excited she came early too! The baptismal service was amazing and there were a lot of people there to support her. When she was in the font I couldn't stop smiling. There is nothing better than seeing someone you love enter the waters of baptism. She was so happy! One of my favorite parts was at the end Aletha shared her testimony and her conversion story and it was so great. I love her so much! 



This week I also got to see my friends who I was with at the MTC! We had a meeting on Friday for all of the new missionaries and their trainers. It was a lot of fun.Even though we had to get up even earlier than normal to drive to Utica it was worth it. :) The Spirit is always really strong in meetings where we get to hear from President Rogers. He's the best. 

Amazing miracle this week. 

We were tracting last weekend and when people aren't home we leave a little card that has our number on it. We got a call the next day from one of the houses we went to and I was soo excited because that never happens. He asked us to come over that night and teach him more. We did of course and he is the coolest. He told us all of these incredible spiritual experiences he has had during his life and he just went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant a few days before and loved it. He met Mormon missionaries before and had a Book of Mormon and had recently been starting to read it again and a lot of other cool stuff. He told us a few times that he wants to be baptized. He actually thought the church had told us to go visit him because he said he wanted to learn more when he went to the Pageant. But we beat them to it! We found him before we even got the referral! Biggest miracle. He is so ready and prepared. We are super excited to see him again. God is so aware of all of us! Everything worked out so perfectly for things to turn out like they did. 

I love this gospel and I am so grateful to be a missionary! This Church really is the true church on the earth today. I can't wait to see what the rest of my mission holds but this last month has been pretty great! 

I love you all!! Have a super fun week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment