Sunday, December 18, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Its been a super busy but super fun week!!

Wednesday was my last day at meals on wheels since transfers are next week :( it was sad. I love all of the people who volunteer there!! I will miss them a lot.

We also had our last District Meeting--I love my district! They are all so awesome. 

Thursday we helped out at the monthly community dinner which is always fun. The people we do service with are seriously the nicest people ever. I love them!

Friday we had exchanges with the STL's (Sister Training Leaders) in Syracuse! That was my fourth and my last exchange there! It's fun because I know some of the people they teach now and have been able to see them a couple times. I was with Sister DeVries and we went to a couple less actives in the morning and the lessons were so good! I felt the Spirit so strongly! I love teaching with Sister DeVries! We got some good life advice from the less active we visited. She told us to save money every month so that when there's an emergency or something that we really want to spent our money on then we will be able to use our savings. And she said that material things don't matter and that we have thousands of tiny drawers in our hearts where we put the things we care the most about in and that is what we take with us to heaven. 

After lunch we went to another less actives house and that lesson was so fun. We talked about what we learned at stake conference last week and at the conference they talked about writing our story down so that we can learn from our experiences and that our posterity will as well and so the lady told us some funny stories that had to do with skunks and snakes and all sorts of things that she has been meaning to write down. 

We also met a guy named Dr. Love/Mr. Love/Brother Love hahah and I gave him a Book of Mormon and we set up an appointment to teach him more. He's a funny guy. 

On Saturday we did some service and we went by a potential investigators house and we talked with him and his dad? not sure if they are related or not we didn't ask. We taught the restoration and we taught it differently than I have ever taught the restoration before but it was so fun! Just going by the Spirit. They are super awesome and he read from the Book of Mormon(we gave it to him when we first met)!! 

And a guy me and Sister Case used to teach but we ended up handing over to the elders got baptized on Saturday! I was asked to give the talk on baptism and I was SO nervous but it went pretty well! Baptisms are the best.

Soo yesterday morning we wake up to a little snow and then it KEEPS SNOWING ALL DAY! And is currently still snowing and is supposed to all day today too. Gotta love upstate NY! Over a foot of snow in November! I love it though. 


Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

Love, 

Sister Horne


























No comments:

Post a Comment