Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 10

A week without a car.....
...makes us so excited and happy the day we get it back from the shop!



Hello!!

It's been a great week!

We had a lesson with one of our investigators and we were teaching him the Restoration and I recited the First Vision for the first time in a lesson and it was AWESOME! Wow talk about something bringing in the Spirit. Saying it testified to me that Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful that I have that knowledge. 

Last week we were tracting and we ended up knocking on the Mayors door and he was super nice and he invited us to go to an event at his Baptist church so we went since our appointment fell through that night and it was cool! It was a concert and the people in the band were from Ireland and they played religious music. It made me realize that we really are worshiping the same God. Yes we have our differences but we have a lot of similarities. It was a cool experience. :)

This week my testimony of acting on promptings really was strengthened. We were out walking and we walked past a house that we had tracted before and met a lady who was interested but we haven't seen in awhile. We weren't planning on going to see her but I randomly said "Karen!" and so we went back to her house to see if she was home and instead of seeing her (she was at work) we met her neighbor and she was super awesome and seemed really interested. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it. It was amazing how God prompted me to think of Karen at that moment. If I never would have had that prompting we wouldn't have met her neighbor and been able to teach her about the Restoration. 

I love the miracles I am able to see everyday! God is looking out for all of us and He knows who is ready to hear the Gospel and He leads us to them! I love being a missionary and the days are going by faster and faster!

Have a wonderful week! 
Love, 
Sister Horne

1 comment:

  1. Love her letters. It's so fun hearing about all their "work work work" (that's a mission wide thing they say at conferences there. .it has an arm/fist bump that goes along with it she showed us on mothers day)

    ReplyDelete